FACT CHECK: Did Obi’s lawyers inform court that LP’s star witnesses were sick?
FACT CHECK: Did CBN devalue the Naira to 630/$1?
FACT CHECK: Multiple false claims trail Emdee Tiamiyu’s controversial BBC interview
FACT CHECK: Did Nigeria spend $10 billion on fuel subsidy in 2022 as claimed by Shettima?
FACT CHECK: Completion of Second Niger Bridge, other legacy infrastructure projects
FACT CHECK: Reducing terrorism and banditry
FACT CHECK: Provision of Enabling Environment for Private Sector Business
FACT CHECK: Did Buhari’s Administration Provide Succour for Poor Nigerians to Earn a Living
FACT CHECK: Nigeria’s Economy had Become Resilient to External Shocks due to Policies Put in Place by the Outgoing Administration.
FACT CHECK: Did Buhari, Dabiri describe Nigerians as lazy, cultists and drug dealers?
FACT CHECK: Does picture show a charging cord attached to Bola Tinubu’s arm?
FACT CHECK: Bode George makes multiple claims, how true are they?
FACT CHECK: Is the use of phones disallowed at the presidential election petition tribunal?
FACT CHECK: Bola Tinubu won only five states in the 2023 presidential election?
FACT CHECK: Did Ganduje Mention Plans To Scuttle Presidential Tribunal Verdict In Leaked Audio?
FACT CHECK: Femi Adesina made multiple claims in his fact sheet, how true are they?
FACT CHECK: How true are these claims by Ben Ayade?
FACT CHECK: Did security agents prevent Peter Obi’s supporters from accessing the Tribunal Court?
FACT CHECK: Garba Sheu releases press statement with multiple claims
We make it easier for you to confidently research, write and fact-check pieces that are credible and well-balanced. Our extensive content collection includes:
• Unrivalled public records collection with more than 4 Million
• Comprehensive information offering details on
a lot of political parties.
• Extensive legal records including Federal and State bills in Nigeria,
and West African cases, a large collection of
federal, state and local court records—all in one place
In addition, we recognize that even the most reliable publisher
can make a mistake; when a retraction is issued, CDD
removes the original and replaces it with the new article from
the publisher so that you don’t uncover erroneous information
OUR FACT CHECKING PROCESS
- Where a claim is spotted, our fact checkers will review for possible and credible fact checking
- Fact checkers engage a series of processes which includes the use of digital fact checking tools, for e.g. Google Reverse Image Search, Tineye, Invid etc. And where tools are not applicable, fact checkers applies critical thinking and other investigative approaches.
- Following evidence from the above process, Fact checkers concludes with a verdict
- Verdicts can include; TRUE, FALSE, True But Misleading, Misleading Headline